Doing Root and Unroot process of Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 in detail – step by step
Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
August 2011, Samsung introduced its most selling android OS based phone named Samsung galaxy Y GT-S5360.
Galaxy Y built with powerful Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread Operating System. In this phone, samsung pinned all important social media websites like facebook, twitter, youtube etc and everyone can download apps of other social media websites by using google play store. Powerful 832 MHz processor,2 MP camerawith 240*320and 5.1 channel audio etc are other features of Galaxy Y GT S5360 model.
3G, bluetooth,micro-sd etc also available with an internal memory of 180 MB
Why you need to root your samsung galaxy y GT S5360 before using ?
Following are the main features of rooting
1.After root process, you can easily access to all files with our customisation.
2.Mainly rooting help you to customisation of your phone in a useful/your own way, this help you to speedup your work at your Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
3.Several thousands of android applications cannot be used before rooting your samsung android phone. These applications will work only after your phone rooted in a proper way.
4.Backup and restore application is very easy after rooting your phone
5. Rooting will help you to speed up your CPU.
6. Root help us to decrease the usage of battery so that we can increase the usage time of your Galaxy phone.
There are several other important useful software’s are available for rooted samsung phone. These applications will help you to keep everything speedy and ease to use.
Caution: After rooting your phone, warranty will stop. You will not get any warranty after rooting. So take care before doing Root process of your galaxy Y GT-S5360.
Step by step tutorial – Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
How to root samsung galaxy Y S5360 ?
- First you want to download the Root Package from here: You want to search in google with this keyword: ” Download update package for Root Samsung galaxy GT-S5360 “. You will get a update.zip code.
- Ensure your battery having fully charged. This will reduces the risk. If something happened while rooting, that will affect your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Y – go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and check the box next to Enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your Device Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to the computer only via USB.
- Copy the downloaded Zip file to the root of the SD card( ie: SD card’s main place – example: sdcard/update.zip
- Never Unplug your Device Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 while rooting
- Switch off your galaxy young to enter into recovery console.
- For reaching to recovery console, you need to Keep pressing The Volume Up Key, Home key and Power Button.
- By using these buttons you can select/ root the location of update file kept.
- The rooting will start taking place after selecting Update.zip.
- Rooting will complete in between 10 minutes and 15 minutes time.
- After rooting the device will automatically restart and then normal booting will take place. The rooting of your Phone is now done!
- For understanding the phone rooted or not, you want o look the below shown application exist in your phone or not…
- If “Superuser” named application can see in you phone, that means your phone properly rooted.
How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 ?
1. Download the update-unroot.zip from google ( Search: unroot code – Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 )
Or see this update – unroot video
2. Once again do the same steps shown above (like your rooting your galaxy), use update-unroot.zip. instead of update.zip
3. Doing this will unroot your samsung galaxy Y S5360 phone.